Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Canada Day




Today being Canada's 141st birthday was a national holiday. It was a double "whamy" as the holiday fell in the middle of the week, and with Monday sandwiched between the weekend and Canada day -- that too was almost a day off.


With azzure blue skies and 26 degree bright sunshine, Antrix and me decided to attempt a long range kayaking trip from Port Credit to the CN tower. We launched from Snug harbour but as soon as we hit the open lake, the choppy waters made the going pretty tough. We plouged through the slightly chilly waters and watched the bow of the kayak dip repeatedly and break the waves. Some of the high waves washed over into the cockpit and it makes me more determined to buy a skirt. Approx 1.5hrs later saw us opposite Promenade. We parted ways as I headed to the Promenade harbour but Antrix paddled on westwards to the CN tower. I returned to Port Credit and headed up the river in relatively calmer waters right up to the QEW bridge. Approx 3 hrs later a tired Antrix called from a park near Humber river and I drove down to pick him up. Antrix is exhausted and I somehow seem to have got sun burnt. It was a great trip and the sport is getting more and more addictive. In the weeks ahead I see a tussle between Anita and me on how we spend weekends.

1 comment:

ashok/prabha said...

Dear Neeraj/Neetu,

It certainly is good to see you 2 on the FB which i have been trying for the last couple of months to locate.I am Ashok Khanna,hope u remember.Last night we were at Kiki Didi's place for dinner and talked a lot about the family.It was a nice reunion after such a long time.Nice to see ur pic in various moods,places.U2 look amazing.I am back in Chd. after retirement and spending 10 yrs in Vadodara.Siddharth my son is with Citibank and based in Chandigarh only.Hope to get a reply and looking forward to more inter actions.Love to Neetu and ur grown up kids.Bye.