Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Evening of Nov 23: Ash / Shokin & Daph





If there is one man who can get things done in Delhi, it is Ash ( left Pic). I met Ash in his book strewn office opposite some 'biggy' politician's office ( I forget who) -- for me Ash is as big as they get. He quickly brought me up to speed with all that had been happening "behind my back" and after I refused to drink the water he offered , we drove ( I followed Ash's Black Baleno through the chaotic streets of Delhi) to the Army Golf Club to meet with Shokin & Daphne ( right pic) for diner. Shokin had just returned after doing a superb job as a DA in Nepal and handling a nation in crisis. For that (and for twirling snakes on a stick in Orissa ) they have decided to make him a Brig. I am sure he will do a better job as a Gen. Not too sure about Daph though-- she sounded as carefree as she was almost 20 years back-- what will all those COW's ( CO's wives ) think ? & for some reason this trio did not let me have soup for dinner!!!!

No comments: