Sunday, November 25, 2007

First Impressions on arrival after almost 4 years



I was curious to see if there had been any changes ....Things were as I had imagined them to be. Nothing seemed to have changed and within minutes I was happy to be back. It felt that I had never been away. There was however a tinge of sadness that why could not there be the same setup here as that we have in the west, but very soon these thoughts were lost and I was actively trying to help the cabbie from "doing a fender bender" and in some cases even more serious collisions. The cabbie was blissfully unaware of my offered support and only scoffed __ " Lagta hai bahut dino ke bad aaye ho". The Atta chowk was a collage of honking cars/ over head wires/ pedestrians/ cars/two wheelers/cattle and their excreta, it was business as usual for all. Standing amidst all this was a lonely cop whose body language conveyed that he had everything under control. I survived the trip and quickly we dove into the refuge of a colony.

No comments: